Report To Sheriff
DO NOT USE THIS ONLINE REPORTING SYSTEM TO REPORT VANDALISMS OR BOMBINGS / EXPLOSIONS CAUSED BY THE USE OF FIREWORKS. IF YOUR REPORT IS AN EMERGENCY DIAL 9-1-1, OTHERWISE CALL 206-296-3311.
Welcome to the King County Sheriff's Office Online Reporting System. You will be able to report your incident without waiting and be able to print a copy of the approved report.
To utilize this online reporting system, each of the following statements must be true:
- This is not an emergency
- This is not an in-progress crime
- This incident occurred either within unincorporated King County or within city limits of one of our contract cities listed at the bottom of this page
- There are no known suspects
- There was no evidence left behind
- This did not occur on a state freeway
- This did not occur on Sound Transit or a Metro bus
- You are the victim of the crime
- You have a valid e-mail address
If all of the above are true, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing your report.
If any of the above is false, please look at our Frequently Asked Questions section, or dial our non-emergency line at 206-296-3311 so we can help you with your report.
While filling out an online report, information requests with a red asterisk * are mandatory. You must have a valid e-mail address to report this crime online; Narcotics Activity Reports are the only exception. For all other incident types the e-mail address that you provide is where replies and report copies will be sent.
Upon completion of this process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted."
- Be given a temporary case report number.
- Once the report is approved, you will receive an e-mail within five days providing you with a permanent case number. A copy of your report will be attached to the e-mail.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All reports filed online will be reviewed.
- If your report does not meet the online reporting criteria you will be notified.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
A list of incident types available for online reporting follows; look at our example list of theft report types. If you are adding additional information to a report you have already submitted via phone, online, or directly to an officer, select the original report type you used and click on "Supplemental." If you reported a burglary with an officer at the incident location, select "Burglary follow up" to add information using this online reporting system.
Links marked with single asterisks (*) indicate they will open up new browser windows.
BY CLICKING THE START BUTTON YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU UNDERSTAND FILING A FALSE REPORT IS A CRIME
Online Reporting should not be used to report graffiti that is suspected to be gang-related. Please dial our non-emergency line at 206-296-3311 so we can help you with your report.
Here is a list of cities that we provide police services for:
** For SeaTac Airport-related reports, contact the Port of Seattle police.