King County Marriage Licensing
Marriage licensing is a function of the King County Recorder's Office.
- A Washington State marriage license is valid in Washington State only.
- The application fee is $64. Cash and checks (with ID) are accepted; no credit or debit cards.
- There is a three-day waiting period before the marriage can take place.
- A marriage license is valid for 60 days.
- A blood test or physical exam is not required in Washington State.
- Same-sex couples are eligible to apply for a Washington State marriage license.
- Mailed applications may be notarized and returned for processing but the original application must be submitted (fee must be included and must be by money order or cashier's check only).
- For more information, click on the links below or contact the Recorder's Office at 206-296-4021.
Applying for a Marriage License
Certified Copies of Marriage Records
Name Change after Marriage