Request a copy
Through the Recorder's Office, you can obtain copies of most documents recorded since August 1991. For copies of documents recorded prior to August 1991, contact King County Archives.
Before you request a copy, we recommend you search our online records to confirm the document has been recorded in King County. Our online records search will return unofficial copies of documents recorded since 1976 and has a feature allowing you to request and pay for an uncertified (no watermark or certification stamp) or a certified copy online if the document was recorded after August 1991.
How do I get a copy?
- Go to our online records search
- In the upper right corner, click "Log On"
- Enter your log on information, or if you don't have any, click the "Register New Account" button
- Search for the document and when you have the document image open, click the "Add to Cart" button
- You can add as many documents as you want to your cart
- To checkout, click the "Shopping Cart" in the upper right corner to pay (see below for fees)
- Your document(s) will be mailed within 7-10 business days
- Download the Copy Request form below for your document type and mail it to us with a check or money order. Please review our Payment Information and the fee table below to ensure you send the correct amount.
- We will mail your document(s) within 7-10 business days.
The King County Recorder's Office uses two methods for certifying copies of recorded documents.
We use an all-inclusive ink stamp with our seal and a signature line for the deputy to sign on for manual certifications.
We also use an electronic certification stamp that is printed directly onto our copies from our recording system when processing copy requests. This electronic certification stamp includes the same seal, information and signature line from the manual stamp, but also includes a date/time line that shows when the copy was produced.
Both of these methods are interchangeable and equally valid as certification methods in Washington State.
Please review our Payment Information before you visit us and bring the following with you:
|Certified recorded documents, legal size or smaller||
$3 for the first page
$1 for each additional page
|Uncertified recorded documents, legal size or smaller||$1 per page|
|Non-recorded, uncertified documents||$0.15 per page|
|Map copies, 18x24 inches, bond, uncertified||$3|
|Map copies, 18x24 inches, Mylar, uncertified||
$2 each for certification
|Conformed Copy Label, per instrument||$1|
|Searching records||$8 per hour|