Permits and building
Rural King County
Building permits, land use regulations and other services are administered by the Department of Permitting and Environmental Review (DPER), Department of Health and the Department of Natural Resources and Parks.
How do I?
- Get permits for agricultural buildings
- Install, repair and replace septic systems
- Develop a group well
- Protect your house from forest fire
- Build green in rural areas
- Sell development rights for use in urban areas
- Building and land-use permit questions, please call 206-296-6600
- Septic system questions, please call 206-205-3999.
- Code enforcement complaints online
During business hours, please call 206-296-6680.
- If King County offices are closed and the activity you need to report threatens public safety or could damage our environment, please call the 24-hour hotline immediately, 1-888-437-4771.
- Frequently asked questions about permitting and land use
- DPER customer information bulletins
- Property research
- DPER permit records
- Sustainable building
- Critical Areas