Skip to main content

Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions

Rural King County

  1. Rural King County

    I am interested in learning more about the trees on my property and possible management or harvesting of my forested parcel, where can I go for help?
    Browse the King County Forestry Program website.

  2. I want to get involved in my rural area, what avenues are available to me?
    King County’s Community Service Area Program and our Agriculture and Forestry Program work with a wide range of community organizations in the rural area. Contact one of our representatives in any of the above programs for suggestions.

  3. I want to open a home-based business, where do I turn for help?
    The United States small business centers (external link) provide information on home-based businesses and is a good place to start. You should also check with your local community colleges about their programs. Green River College has an extensive small business assistance program (external link) with classes, helpful information, and resources.

  4. How do I start farming?
    Your best resource is the Washington FarmLink Program (external link) which matches up farmers with property owners who want to lease or sell land for farming. You can also get more information on farming from the County's agriculture website.

  5. I am interested in making jams, sauces, or other value-added products, but need a larger kitchen with the right equipment. Where can I find out information about where to go?
    Your contact for information on agricultural kitchens (often called commercial kitchens, especially for catering purposes) is the King County Agriculture Program.

  6. Rural King County

    Where can I find information about parks and trails that are in my area?
    View a list of King County parks or learn about King County trails.

  7. Where can I find information about garbage drop-off centers and recycling choices?
    All of the latest news on solid waste facilities and recycling options is available on our website.

  8. Where is the best place to find updated information on flooding, including road closures and other emergency information?
    Visit the King County Flood Warning System's emergency information site.

  9. I'm interested in learning more about King County's Transfer of Development Rights (TDR) program — where can I get more information?
    All the details about our award-winning TDR program are available online.

  10. Where's the best source of information for learning more about which plants I should use in my yard?
    King County's Water and Land Resources Division has created an online Northwest Native Plant Guide, which will help residents throughout the region make the right choices when it comes to landscaping.