Skip to main content

Illegal dumping

Information on how to report Illegal dump sites in King County.

Illegal dumping in Seattle

Illegal dumping in Seattle

Our program does NOT handle complaints about illegal dumping within the Seattle city limits. Report illegal dumping in the City of Seattle online or by calling 206-684-7587.

Private property

Report waste and junk issues on private property to your local jurisdictional agency based on the property address. You should either contact the city government or King County Local Services if the property is in unincorporated King County.

Public Property

Illegal dumping is the improper disposal of waste on public property. When illegal dumping is reported to King County, the agency responsible for that property is notified so that the waste can be cleaned up. Commonly reported items include:

  • Furniture
  • TVs
  • Computers and other electronics
  • Tires
  • Construction debris
  • Paint
  • Garbage
  • Household hazardous waste, such as solvents and pesticides

Reporting Options

  • If you have an emergency to report, or a crime that is in progress, call 9-1-1 right away
  • Submit an online complaint for an illegal dumping site using our form
  • Call 206-296-SITE (7483) or toll free 1-866-431-7483, TTY Relay: 711

Submit an illegal dumping complaint

When reporting, please provide as much detailed information as possible. You may request that your personal information be kept confidential by King County. However, not providing adequate details may result in no action being taken.

Submit your complaint