Council's budget review schedule and public meetings
- Week 1: King County Executive Dow Constantine presented his budget proposal to Council at 10 a.m. Tuesday. On Wednesday, the other King County elected officials will present their proposed budgets to Council, including: John Arthur Wilson, King County Assessor; Julie Wise, King County Elections Director; Dan Satterberg, King County Prosecuting Attorney; Patrick Oishi, Presiding Judge, King County Superior Court; Matthew York, Presiding Judge, King County District Court; and Anita Khandelwal, Director, Department of Public Defense. Opportunity for public comment. 9:30 a.m. – noon (est) Wednesday, Sept. 28
- Week 2 (Oct. 3-7): Initial panel briefings before the Budget & Fiscal Management (BFM) Committee – 9:30 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and one evening meeting for public comment (see details below).
- Week 3 (Oct. 10-14): Budget panel briefings at BFM, 9:30 a.m. – noon Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and one evening meeting for public comment
- Week 4 (Oct. 17-21): Budget & Fiscal Management Committee final briefings on items that require continued deliberation. Meetings 9:30 a.m. to noon on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (if needed); and one evening meeting for public comment (see details below).
- Week 5 (Oct. 24-28): BFM briefings on related ordinances to support proposed budget – 9:30 a.m. to noon on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Week 6 (Oct. 31-Nov. 4): No dedicated budget meetings this week.
- Week 7 (Nov. 7-11): BFM meeting on Tuesday (9:30 a.m., Nov. 8) to take action on related ordinances to support the budget. BFM meeting on Thursday (9:30 a.m., Nov. 10) to take action on the biennial budget ordinance.
- Week 8 (Nov. 14-18): A backup BFM meeting is designated for Nov. 14 in case an additional meeting is necessary. Special council meeting at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 15 to take final action on the 2023-24 biennial budget. A backup special council meeting is designated for Nov. 22 in case an additional meeting is necessary.
- September 28 (Wed) – Budget and Fiscal Management Committee (BFM): 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. (est.). Public Comment period will be conducted after elected officials present their proposed budgets to Council.
- October 5 (Wed) – BFM 6 p.m. – 7 p.m., Redmond Community Center at Marymoor Village, 6505 176th Avenue NE, Redmond, WA 98052
- October 12 (Wed) – BFM: 6 p.m. – 7 p.m., Kent Senior Center, Social Hall, 600 E Smith Street, Kent, WA 98032
October 19 (Wed) – BFM 6 p.m. – 7 p.m., King County Courthouse, 10th Floor Council Chambers, 516 3rd Ave., Seattle WA 98104
- November 8 (Tues) – BFM 9:30 a.m. – noon (est.), King County Courthouse, Council Chambers, hybrid meeting
Contact the Council
| Main phone:
|Contact all 9 Councilmembers directly: