Legal Financial Obligations Collections Program
Paying Court Costs, Fees, Fines and Restitution
Legal Financial Obligations (LFO)
- Restitution are those costs imposed by the court to compensate victims who were either injured and/or suffered loss of or damage to property as a result of the offense.
- Non-restitution LFOs are the fees and fines ordered by the court. The most common fees and fines are Victim Penalty Assessment and the DNA database fees. Other elements may consist of things like court costs, costs of defense or jury fees.
- Interest accrues on LFOs from the date of the judgment and during the entire period of incarceration, or until the principal is paid in full. The current rate is 12% annually.
- Collections fees may be added.
LFO Collections Program Staff
The LFO Collections Program staff continually strive to provide the highest level of collections services. We strive to ensure defendants are aware of the status of their debt and that victims receive their court ordered restitution as quickly as possible.
To plan and monitor the collection of court-ordered LFO payments on adult criminal convictions through the King County Superior Court.
Benefits of the Program
- Collection of restitution due to victims.
- Collection of monies ordered that benefit other programs (i.e., crime victims, drug fund, and court costs).
- Improved compliance of payment and other terms of sentences, thereby improving chances for successful re-entry.
Fees: A deposit of $10.00 is required for each case number. Only checks drawn on a Washington State bank, and include the name and address of the payer imprinted on the check, will be accepted. If you do not have a Washington State bank account, you may send a Cashier's Check or Money Order in US funds for deposit. If the total payment history cost is less than $10.00, the excess will be refunded to you within two weeks.
You can pay in-person with cash, money order or cashier’s check. No personal checks or credit/debit cards. Make the money order or cashier’s check payable to: “King County Clerk”
To pay in-person come Monday through Friday, 9:00 to 4:30 at one of the Clerk's Office Locations (directions here).
Pay by Mail
You can pay by mail with money order or cashier’s check only. No personal checks or credit/debit cards. Make the money order or cashier’s check payable to: “King County Clerk”
On the front of the money order or cashier’s check, print:
1. Your Name as it appears on the court order
2. Each case number that you are making a payment on
3. The $ amount you are paying next to each case number
If you would like a receipt mailed to you, send a self-addressed and stamped envelope with your payment.
Mail payment to:
King County Superior Court Clerk
516 3rd. Ave, Room E-609
Seattle, WA 98104
Sign-Up for LFO Payment Reminders
Click HERE and enter your phone number or email address to receive monthly text or email reminder messages.
Scroll down the list to the Superior Court Clerk's Office and check the box for Superior Court - LFO Payment Reminders.
Submit a Defendant Address Update
|1||Automatic Payment Form
|4||Victim Address Update Info|
Contact the LFO Collections Program Staff
Main Number: 206-477-0818
Or, by defendant's last name:
|D, E, F, G
|H, I, J, L
|M, N, O, P
|Q, R, S, T
|U through Z