How to get a hearing
Teens with traffic tickets
If you are a teen who has recently received a traffic citation (ticket) in East King County from the Bellevue police, Duvall police, Redmond police, Sammamish police, King County Sheriff’s Office or Washington State Patrol, you might be eligible for an East King County Youth Traffic Court hearing.
To be eligible to participate in an East King County Youth Traffic Court hearing, you must:
- Be 16 or 17 years old when you received the traffic citation
- Have no pending tickets
- Have possessed a valid driver's license at the time you received the traffic citation
- Have never had a ticket in a youth traffic court before
Why participate in East King County Youth Traffic Court?
As drivers in the community, we all have a responsibility to be as safe as possible on the road. However, we understand that mistakes can happen. By offering you the opportunity to participate in youth traffic court, and assuming you successfully complete the recommended disposition within the 6-month period, you can:
- Have the citation dismissed.
- Be relieved of the requirement to pay the fines associated with the infraction
- Help restore the community’s trust in you
- Call King County District Court’s Redmond courthouse location at (206) 477-3199
- Tell the person who answers the phone that you are a teenager who recently received a citation and wish to participate in East King County Youth Traffic Court
- A King County District Court judge will check to see if you are eligible, and if so, a East King County Youth Traffic Court date will be set for you and you will be notified