Skip to main content
King County logo

If you have a disability and believe you may need an accommodation to fully and equally participate in a court proceeding or activity, you may request an accommodation.  Accommodation requests are granted to any qualified person with a disability for whom an accommodation is reasonable and necessary under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, or under Washington State Court General Rule (GR) 33.

You may be required to provide additional information for the court to properly evaluate your reasonable accommodation request. If medical or other health information is requested, it will be sealed. The submitter may also ask the court to seal the documents. Generally, five-day advance notice is required to review reasonable accommodation requests. However, a response to an immediate need for accommodation will be provided to the fullest extent possible.

Please complete a Request for Reasonable Accommodation Form to initiate your request. Instructions for completing and submitting the form are available HERE. If you are providing confidential medical records or other health information and would like to request that these documents be sealed, please also complete a Sealed Medical and Health Information Cover Sheet (also available as a PDF document).

If you have questions, concerns, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding public access for Superior Court, please contact the GR33/Request for Accommodation Office below:

King County Superior Court
GR33/Request for Accommodation Office
516 Third Avenue, Room C-203
Seattle, Washington 98104


Voice:  (206) 477-5694

TTY Relay:  711

Fax:  (206) 205-1360

Public Access Notice

Under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), King County must provide information to the public about its obligation to ensure the accessibility of its facilities, programs, services, and activities to members of the public with disabilities. King County also must let the public know whom to contact if they have questions about the ADA, would like to request reasonable accommodations, or if they are aware of barriers to accessibility.

Please read the Superior Court Public Access Notice, which satisfies this public notification requirement.