Transit Capital Program
King County Metro Transit delivers critical transportation services to every corner of King County. Transit has a $1.9 billion operating budget for 2019-2020 and a $2 billion capital program for 2019-2024.
In 2014, the King County Council established a transit audit function in the Auditor's Office. Since that time our office has been continuously engaged in one or more in‐depth audit of King County Metro Transit. In addition, the Auditor’s Office provides ongoing oversight of Transit capital programs through the Capital Project Oversight (CPO) Program. Transit has embarked on an ambitious capital program to increase bus base capacity and to build the infrastructure necessary for bus electrification. The Auditor’s CPO program is monitoring and reporting on Transit’s progress in meeting the major milestones for these capital programs.
- 2019 Fourth Quarter Key Project Status Update
Feb 25, 2020
- 2019 Third Quarter Key Project Status Update
Nov 15, 2019
- 2019 Second Quarter Key Project Status Update
Aug 2, 2019
- 2019 First Quarter Key Project Status Update
Aug 2, 2019
- Follow-up: Gaps in Capital Planning and Execution Likely to Impede Transit’s Planned Service Expansion
Apr 24, 2018
- Capital Projects Oversight Recommendations: Metro Transit Facilities Expansion Projects – 2017-2018
Sep 23, 2016
If you have any questions or would like more information, please call the King County Auditor's Office at 206-477-1033 or contact us by email KCAO@kingcounty.gov.