Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Services
If you want to speak to someone about domestic violence in your life:In Seattle: call 206-205-5555.
In Washington: call toll-free 1-800-562-6025.
Anywhere else in the United States: call 1-800-799-SAFE.
The King County Domestic Violence Program does not provide services directly. Instead, the program contracts with community-based agencies located across the county that specialize in issues concerning survivors of domestic violence. The primary focus of these programs is to increase the safety of victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
Services and programs funded through the Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Programs include:
- Support groups for adults and children who have been impacted by domestic violence or sexual assault
- Counseling and mental health treatment
- Transitional housing in order to address homelessness
- Legal assistance, including referrals to legal resources
- Information and referrals to available resources in the community
- Community education and outreach to provide increased understanding on domestic violence and sexual assault issues
- Advocacy for legal issues and with medical professionals when needed.
Note: the information provided on this site is for general education only and is not a substitute for an attorney's advice. If you have specific legal questions, please contact an attorney, the police or the Prosecuting Attorney's Office. The listing of resources here is not an endorsement of the organization or programs.