Skip to main content
King County logo
King_County_Metro_Bus

The Human Services Bus Ticket Program provides subsidized bus tickets to eligible human service agencies serving persons who are homeless and/or low income.

Agencies can apply for the program through an annual Request for Proposal (RFP) process administered by the Department of Community and Human Services. Starting in program year 2017, awarded agencies pay 10 percent of the value of the tickets, with King County Metro covering the remaining 90 percent of the ticket value.

Learn more about the ORCA LIFT reduced fare card.

  For More Information

Human Services Bus Ticket Program

hs.busticketprogram@kingcounty.gov

  Using ZoomGrants

We use ZoomGrants, to accept applications for the HSBTP's annual request for proposals (RFP). 

Awarded agencies also use ZoomGrants throughout the program year to submit required post-award documents and reports. 

Access the  ZoomGrants login portal. For technical assistance, contact ZoomGrants TechSupport by email (questions@zoomgrants.com) or  through their website.

Sign up for funding opportunity alerts:

 

The Spring 2021 RFP for the 2021 Human Services Bus Ticket Program is now open!

Through a competitive Request for Proposals (RFP) process, the King County Department of Community and Human Services (DCHS) and King County Metro (Metro) are making available up to available $176,130 in face value (up to $17,613 in allotment value) of King County Metro Bus tickets for 2021.

This RFP process is supplemental to the Fall 2020 RFP in which $4,444,440 in face value of tickets was made available. Organizations that were awarded through the Fall 2020 RFP for 2021 are not eligible to apply for this Spring 2021 RFP.

This RFP process is administered via ZoomGrants, an online tool. Follow the link below to gain access to the RFP:

RFP is OPEN NOW through 11:59 p.m. on April 23, 2021

Click here to apply

Need assistance? For technical questions about using ZoomGrants, please contact ZoomGrants directly. For content-related questions about the RFP, please contact the HSBTP directly. The deadline to request content-related assistance is April 21, 2021.

Optional Human Services Bus Ticket Program Information Session Recording

Program coordinators from Metro Transit and DCHS hosted an optional information session to share information about the HSBTP, detail the application process for the 2021 program year and answer questions.  

2021 Awards

The 2020 RFP for the 2021 Human Services Bus Ticket Program closed on November 25, 2020

Program Documents

 Human Services Bus Ticket Order Form

 Lost/Stolen Bus Ticket Report Form 

 Client-level Usage Log Template

Metro's Authorized Signature List is available in ZoomGrants, under the 'Other Submissions' tab

Contact Us

Phone 206-263-9105

TTY Relay: 711

Fax: 206-296-5260