Children and Youth Advisory Board
An oversight and advisory board comprised of King County residents and stakeholders with geographically and culturally diverse perspectives will make recommendations and monitor distribution of Best Starts for Kids levy proceeds. Executive Constantine appointed 35 experts, researchers, and community leaders to the Children and Youth Advisory Board, and the King County Council approved the members in January 2016.
Meet the current Best Starts for Kids King County Children and Youth Advisory Board Members here.
The Children and Youth Advisory Board meetings are held the second Tuesday of every month beginning at 6 p.m. PST via Zoom.
Click here to view the upcoming meeting schedule, agendas, and minutes. The agenda will be updated here before each meeting.
If you would like to join a meeting, please email Kerry Wade for Zoom meeting details.
- Equity is an ardent journey toward well-being as defined by the affected
- Equity demands sacrifice and redistribution of power and resources in order to break systems of oppression, heal continuing wounds, and realize justice
- To achieve equity and social justice, we must first root out deeply entrenched systems of racism
- Equity proactively builds strong foundations of agency, is vigilant for unintended consequences, and boldly aspires to be restorative
- Equity is disruptive and uncomfortable and not voluntary
- Equity is fundamental to the community we want to build