Environmental careers in King County
Work with a purpose: Impact the environment and communities
Make a difference
Our commitments to environmental stewardship and to providing the very best customer service set the tone for the work we do at the King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks.
Our 1,500 employees play an integral role in delivering results that maintain and improve the health and well-being of all King County residents and our environment.
Receive generous benefits
- Robust benefits - medical, dental, vision, and dependent care and health care flexible spending accounts
- Competitive wages
- Vacation - 12 to 30 days annually with accrual based on length of service
- Paid Holidays - 10 observed annual holidays plus two personal days that are credited as vacation
- Home ownership - a cost-saving program for refinancing, buying or selling a home
- Retirement - multiple retirement plans and a voluntary deferred compensation program for a tax-deferred retirement investment