Construction and demolition diversion/recycling and disposal options
C&D disposal at solid waste division facilities (small residential loads only)
Small loads of C&D materials, in vehicles without tip beds, are accepted for disposal (not recycling/diversion) at King County transfer stations.
- Customers using dump bed vehicles may not dispose of C&D at SWD transfer stations.
- Small amounts of C&D that are part of a large load of non-C&D generated garbage will be accepted.
- Materials may not be longer than eight feet.
- Bulky items, such as concrete blocks, must be no greater than 2 feet by 2 feet by 2 feet in size and weigh less than 200 pounds.
- Loads of separated clean wood, cardboard, and metal are accepted at Bow Lake, Enumclaw, and Shoreline transfer stations in any vehicle, dump or not, that meets the total length restrictions for the facility.
- If pulling a trailer, total length from bumper to bumper may not exceed 30 feet except at the Bow Lake, Enumclaw, Shoreline and Vashon transfer stations, where a combined length of 40 feet can be accommodated. Dump trailers are not allowed for the disposal of C&D materials.
For more information about C&D acceptance policies, contact a Customer Service Representative at 206-477-4466; or 1-800-833-6388 (TTY Relay).
C&D loads that cannot be accepted at King County Solid Waste Division facilities must be taken to a designated C&D processor or designated C&D waste transfer facility in compliance with Ordinance 18166.