GreenTools for builders & homeowners
Builders and homeowners can save money and build better through green building strategies and standards. Planning a new home or remodel raises many questions beyond the scope, schedule, and budget when it comes to human health and environmental stewardship. By continually improving how we locate, design, build and maintain our homes we can restore and preserve our natural resources and fragile ecosystem, while improving our lifestyles. As more people choose to call King County home, the pressures on our natural resources increase. Green building techniques offer several ways to offset these growth impacts. Sustainable Cities lead the way by encouraging green-building strategies through progressive regulations, incentives and technical assistance.
Residential green building resources
- Municipal Residential Green Building Policies & Programs
- King County GreenTools: Residential Green Building Program
- King County GreenTools: Green Affordable Housing
- King County GreenTools: Residential Construction & Demolition Recycling
- King County GreenTools: Residential Green Building Grants and Incentives