Department of Executive Services
Delivering Excellent Service every day
The Department of Executive Services (DES) was created in 2002 through the merger of four departments into one agency focused on providing internal services to King County agencies. The divisions and offices that make up DES also provide some public services directly to King County residents.
Our vision is to be a partner and leader in Delivering Excellent Service every day.
DES employees achieve this vision by focusing on our customers, internal and external, and treating everyone with fairness and respect.
- DES Divisions and Offices
- Business Resource Center (BRC) log-in required
- Facilities Management Division (FMD)
- Finance and Business Operations Division (FBOD)
- Fleet Services Division (Fleet)
- Inquest Program
- King County International Airport-Boeing Field (KCIA)
- Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
- Office of Risk Management Services (ORMS)
- Records and Licensing Services Division (RALS)
Note: Effective January 1, 2019, HRD became the Department of Human Resources and added the Office of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and Benefits, Payroll, and Retirement Operations (BPROS) to its lines of business.