East Renton is in the City of Renton’s potential annexation area (PAA), meaning the city intends to extend its borders to serve this community.
Located east of the City of Renton and north of the Cedar River, East Renton encompasses most of the remaining Urban Growth Area on the plateau east of Renton out to 184 th Avenue SE.
On February 6, 2007, registered voters living within the Preserve Our Plateau annexation area voted against joining the City of Renton. King County will continue to work with the City of Renton and unincorporated area residents to promote annexation of the area.
Additional information and links
Handouts and Meeting Materials
- How will annexation affect taxes? (16KB PDF)
- How will annexation affect local services? (31KB PDF)
- How will annexation affect business taxes and fees? (33KB PDF)
- How will annexation affect sewers and septic systems? (52KB PDF)
- If East Plateau annexes, what happens with garbage and recycling service? (53KB PDF)
- Would my address change? (40KB PDF)
- How will annexation affect school district impact fees? (46KB PDF)
- How will annexation affect preservation of green space? (60KB PDF)
- Development Regulations Comparison (59KB PDF)
- How will annexation affect neighborhood parks and recreation? (52KB PDF)
- What about police services? (52KB PDF)
- What about our pets and livestock? (33KB PDF)