Education and training for child care providers
STARS-approved online training:
- Media Aware Child Care: Online STARS Approved Training
- Let's Move! Childcare: Healthy Eating, Online STARS Approved Training
- Let's Move Child Care: Physical Activity, Online STARS Approved Training
- Nurturing Young Eaters: Online STARS Approved Training
- Let's Move! Child Care: Breastfeeding Support, Online STARS Approved Training
- The Snohomish County Health District offers STARS-approved trainings on a variety of health and safety topics. Any child care provider, regardless of county of residence, may receive STARS credits for these online classes. Please select SIGNUP and then "Login" anytime to take the classes.
Get your King County Food Worker Card online:
This Washington state-required certification for food workers is available in an online format where you can take the course and test when it is convenient for you. In-person classes are also available. Learn more.
Virtual call videos and presentation slides
Live call In with Child Care Resources, Best Starts for Kids and Public Health — Seattle & King County’s Child Care Health Program, July 29, 2020.
Child Care Health Program's Public Health Nurses discuss COVID-19 updates for child care and early learning programs.
Child Care Health Program consultants and providers from Launch Learning and Bella's Creative Learning Center discuss re-opening child care: A discussion with providers.
Child Care Health Program consultants and Seattle Dept. of Education and Early Learning coaches discuss building relationships and classroom community.
King County Child Care Health Program discusses the basics of Vroom, including the science behind the brain-building tips and materials.
Child Care Health Program health consultants and nurse consultants from Encompass discuss COVID-19 child care provider and family resources.
Child Care Health Program Public Health Nurses and guest speakers from the Northwest Center's IMPACT team discuss sensory play during COVID-19.
Child Care Health Program Public Health Nurses and health consultants from Kindering discuss social and emotional development of infants and toddlers during COVID-19.
Child Care Health Program's mental health consultants discuss managing stress and anxiety during COVID-19.
Child Care Health Program Public Health Nurses and guest speakers from the Northwest Center's IMPACT Team discuss outdoor play during COVID-19.
Public Health Nurses discuss recommended health and safety practices in child cares and early learning programs during COVID-19.
Public Health Nurses discuss methods for preparing sanitizer and disinfectant in the child care setting to protect from COVID-19 infection.
Public Health Child Care Health Program discuss guidelines in child care settings to protect against COVID-19 infection.