Public Health Sexual Health Clinic at Harborview
HIV and STD testing and treatment
To keep patients and staff safe from COVID-19, we have made the following changes to our operations.
- If you would like an HIV/STI screening, please call 206-744-3590 to make an appointment. (NOTE: Screenings are for people with no symptoms of acute HIV or STI, and no known exposure to HIV or an STI. However, we will continue to provide testing for people with symptoms and exposures to HIV and STIs)
- Screening appointments will be scheduled no more than 2 business days in advance.
- Screening visits will be prioritized for those who have not been screened in the past year, cisgender men or transgender persons who have sex with men, persons who inject drugs, or exchange sex for money or goods.
- Telehealth visits (by phone or video) are also available. Please call.
- We will maintain social distancing of 6 feet or more when possible, and will only allow 9 people in the waiting area. (NOTE: You may be asked to return at a later time if our waiting area is full)
- Please wear a face mask throughout your visit.
- Please stay home if you have any symptoms that could be COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose). Call your primary care doctor if you are concerned about your condition.
We look forward to seeing you.
Walk-in clinic hours
Ninth and Jefferson Building
908 Jefferson St, 11th Floor
- Monday, 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday, 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Friday, 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Sat/Sun, closed
No appointment needed. We are a walk-in clinic. We encourage you to call ahead to check on wait times. Interpreters are available.
To be seen more quickly, print and bring the completed Registration Worksheet with you.
You will be seen regardless of your ability to pay. Payment for medical services is based on a sliding fee scale. Non-judgmental!
All are welcome!
Professional. Comprehensive. Confidential. Affordable.
We can help
If you think you might have symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease (STD), get tested and treated right away. Even if you do not have symptoms, you could have an STD. Come see us and get an STD checkup...and peace of mind.
Get tested and treated.
We provide confidential testing and treatment, and we can answer your questions about HIV and other STDs.
Get evaluated for PrEP.
Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) is a pill that can prevent HIV infection. It's for HIV negative people who are at risk of becoming HIV positive through sexual activity or injecting drugs.
Get help finding HIV care.
All people living with HIV in Washington State can get HIV medical care. We can connect you to the right medical provider.
Learn where else you can be tested.
Select Public Health Centers and community-based organizations that provide HIV and STD testing.
Quotes from our patients
I like that I can get tested and treated in one stop."
Everyone is professional and it seems community driven. I have recommended the clinic to my friends."
I was nervous when I first came in but almost immediately after sitting with the staff all my anxiety went away because they were so easy to talk to."
Learn about the dedicated staff of the Sexual Health Clinic at Harborview Medical Center.
Dwyn Dithmer, MS, ARNP, is a Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner. Over the course of her 30 year career, she has worked in the clinic diagnosing and treating sexually transmitted infections. Additionally she recruits and enrolls participants in various STI related studies. She has Masters degrees from both Binghamton University (NY) and Pace University. Her Bachelor's degree is from Georgetown University.
Susannah Herrmann graduated from the University of Washington Family Nurse Practitioner program in 2001. After a brief stint in family practice she worked in women's reproductive health for 10 years. Susannah joined the Sexual Health Clinic in 2006. She strives to create a safe space in which all patients feel welcome getting tested, treated, and discussing strategies for reducing risk. She is bilingual in English and Spanish.
Sylvan Lowens has worked in the Sexual Health Clinic as a clinician and as a research clinician since 1985. Sylvan has worked on studies on Herpes and Herpes Vaccines, Non Gonococcal Urethritis (NGU) causes and treatments.
Eduardo Munoz is a Physician Assistant who has worked at the Sexual Health Clinic since August 1, 1990.
Negusse Ocbamichael, PA-C, graduated from the University of Washington Medical School, PA program. His clinical experience and interests are in infectious diseases, reproductive and sexual health. For over 28 years, he has worked at the King County Sexual Health Clinic, University of Washington, Virology Research Clinic, HIV Prevention Trials Network and International medicine clinic at Harborview medical center, as a clinician, researcher and administrator. He also served as a Faculty member, speaker and advisory committee member for Seattle STD/HIV prevention and training center.
Thepthara "Nui" Pholsena graduated from University of Washington with a Master of Nursing in 2011. Her clinical experience and interests are in chronic diseases, both infectious and non-infectious. For the last three years, she has worked at UW Virology Research Clinic as a research clinician focusing on herpes and vaccine research. She enjoys patient teaching and counseling.
Link/share our site at www.kingcounty.gov/std