Self-test kits distribution program
Information and resources for partner organizations
Thank you for supporting King County’s COVID-19 response and efforts to provide access to free self-test kits in communities that are disproportionately impacted.
As a distribution partner, you will receive:
- A shipment of self-test kits
- A supply of printed flyers (English and Spanish) to hand out with the tests. The flyer explains when to use the tests and what to do if you test positive, so it is important to make sure they are available for people to take home.
- One poster to hang at your site to help promote the free self-test kits. The poster has a QR code that will go to an electronic format of the printed flyer in multiple languages including: English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Somali, Russian, Korean, Ukrainian, Tagalog, Arabic, and Amharic.
Key information about the program
- While there is no limit of tests per person, we encourage your organization to work with individuals to take a reasonable number of test kits based on their household size and how many they can use in a two-week period. You may also set specific limitations, such as four test kits per household, if you feel this process will work best for your particular organization and community.
- Each test kit comes with English instructions for how to do the test. (Additional languages are available below). The instructions included in the kit has a lot of extra information and is very text heavy. We suggest printing the more simple-to-follow picture instructions below and having them available to hand out with the test kits.
Here are additional resources to download and print as needed:
- Instructions in other languages (English and Spanish instructions are provided in BinaxNOW box):
- Simple and easy-to-follow picture instructions for those with low literacy and those who do not speak English as their primary language.
- How to do a COVID-19 self-test using a BinaxNow test kit
- FlowFlex COVID-19 Antigen Home Test Package Insert
- FlowFlex Frequently Asked Questions
- FlowFlex Quick Reference Picture Instructions
- Instructional video for FlowFlex COVID-19 Antigen Home Test
- FlowFlex How-to Video
- 简体字 (Chinese, Sim./Mandarin)
- 繁體字 (Chinese, Trad./Cantonese)
- हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Hmoob (Hmong)
- Iu Mienh (Iu Mein)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- ភាសាខ្មែរ (Khmer)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- ພາສາລາວ (Lao)
- Gagana fa‘a Sāmoa (Samoan)
- Wikang Tagalog/Filipino (Tagalog/Filipino)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Lea faka-Tonga (Tongan)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
How to distribute test kits
We have designed the program to be as turn-key as possible and involve minimal staff supervision. However, we encourage you to come up with a distribution process that works best for your organization. Here are some options for distributing the tests:
- Place the test kits and flyers on a "self-service" table or counter. Download and print a poster that directs people to take test kits and a flyer. If possible, consider placing the table near the exit so people can pick up test kits as they leave.
- If you do not have space to set up a self-service table, you can keep the test kits behind the counter and let community members know that free COVID-19 self-test kits are available on request.
- If you are handing out other prepackaged materials in boxes or bags, you can add the test kits ahead of time to these resources.
Link/share our site at kingcounty.gov/selftest/partners