Tobacco and vapor prevention
EMERGING HEALTH CONCERN
Public Health — Seattle & King County is closely monitoring the ongoing investigation of the severe lung disease associated with using vaping devices and e-cigarette products. There has been one confirmed case in King County.
- Second case of lung illness in King County linked to vaping, Public Health Insider blog
- Tobacco and vapor use in Seattle and King County and related articles
- Outbreak of Lung Illness Associated with Using E-cigarette Products, CDC
- Public Health – Seattle & King County Media Briefing on Vaping Illness in Washington, Facebook
- Executive Constantine on urgent action needed to address youth vaping
- Up-to-date information on the outbreak in Washington
For providers: Report patients hospitalized with severe pulmonary disease of unclear etiology and a history of e-cigarette or vaping product use within the past 90 days to Public Health at 206-296-4774.
Visit the Public Health Insider blog for more articles on
tobacco and vapor prevention
JUUL and e-cigarettes
Quit smoking today
- Report secondhand smoke exposure (apartments/condos)
- Report smoking law violations (public place/place of employment)
- Report sales of tobacco or vapor products to minors
Laws, regulations and retailer information
Tools for partners and volunteering
Tobacco Cessation Training
Free online course for healthcare and social service providers
This module will teach you how you can improve the health of your community by giving you tools and information to address tobacco use.
You will learn how to use brief intervention and Motivational Interviewing techniques to encourage, empower, and assist people as they move toward a successful quit attempt.
Promoting healthy people and healthy communities through effective cessation efforts, and preventing tobacco use, nicotine addiction and exposure to secondhand smoke