Skip to main content
Most King County offices will be closed on Monday, for Indigenous Peoples' Day.  
King County logo

Permitting services are available online via this website and For details and information about our new location and office hours, see our Customer Service Bulletin.

We issue land use, building, mechanical, fire regulatory and operating permits for unincorporated areas of King County.

Apply online: Now you can apply for permits online. Learn more

What type of permit do you need?

Commercial and Multi-family

For new construction, and additions/alterations to existing buildings, including commercial tenant improvements

Single Family

For new construction, and additions/alterations to existing buildings, including detached garages and mechanical systems

Land Use

For clearing and grading, rezoning, right-of-way use, land division, tree removal, and other land permits

fire sprinkler
Fire permits

Fire permits for sprinkler systems, special events (fire safety), and installation and decommissioning of flammable liquid tanks, such as propane/LPG tanks.

Department of Local Services, Permitting Division
919 SW Grady Way, Suite 300
Renton, WA  98057

Most of our staff members are working remotely. Most permitting services are available on this website and Beginning June 23, 2022, some in-person services will be available in our Renton office. For details, see our Customer Service Bulletin.

Ask us a question  « Fill out our form to get a response

To reach customer service, call 206-296-6600 during the following hours: 9-11 a.m. and 12:30-2:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.