Skip to main content
King County logo

For new construction, and additions/alterations to existing buildings, including commercial tenant improvements

What requires a permit?


Property Research

Check jurisdiction and zoning to determine whether your property is located in unincorporated King County or is located within city limits.

Find your jurisdiction

step 2

Schedule a pre-application meeting

Pre-application meetings are held between a prospective permit applicant and Permitting Department staff before a permit application is filed.

Download pre-application meeting form

step 3

Download application materials

Find and download the application materials that align to your project on our permit application forms listed by packet page, including the following:

  • Commercial Construction
  • Commercial Tenant Improvements
  • Commercial Signs
  • Commercial Cellular Communication Facilities
  • Commercial, Mechanical

You can also pick up materials at our Snoqualmie office, or have them mailed to you by calling 206-296-6600 or emailing

step 4

Plan Review

King County will preform a review of the application to ensure code compliance and safety requirements.

step 5


King County inspects work to ensure code compliance and safety requirements.




Full listings of all Permitting forms and information sheets

Department of Local Services, Permitting Division


35030 SE Douglas Street, Suite 210
Snoqualmie, WA 98065-9266

Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri:
7:30-11:30 am & 1:00-3:00 pm

Wednesday: Closed