What is the purpose of subdivision permits?
A Preliminary Plat Application establishes conditions to subdivide land into 2 or more legal building lots, consistent with adopted regulations.
A Preliminary Short Plat Application establishes conditions to subdivide land into 2 to 4 (rural) or 9 (urban) legal building lots.
How much will it cost?
See the current fee schedule for an estimate.
Where can I get an application?
- Refer to the following packets for application materials:
- Request an application packet by mail by calling customer service at 206-296-6600 or emailing DPERwebinquiries@kingcounty.gov
- Pick up an application packet at the Permitting office in Snoqualmie (see map and directions).
How do I submit my application?
A pre-application meeting is mandatory prior to filing an application for a preliminary plat or short plat. Pre-application meeting packet
What is the timeline for processing a subdivision permit?
Short Plat - decision type 2: 120 days.
Plat - decision type 3 recommendation: 150 days.
Notes / Comments
For more information:
- Short Subdivisions Information Sheet
- Financial Guarantees Information Sheet
- King County Road Standards
- Surface Water Design Manual
Title 19A and Chapter 20.20 of the King County Code
The Department of Local Services, Permitting Division.
Schedule a land use inspection
- Schedule a land use inspection or if you have questions, call 206-296-6600
Keep final plans and permits displayed on-site!
Approved building and land use permits must be displayed prominently on construction and development sites.
Maintaining these records on-site is the responsibility of the applicant and/or contractor.
Tools and Resources