Skip to main content
Most King County offices will be closed on Monday, May 28, for Memorial Day.  
King County logo

If you are involved an accident, call 9-1-1 for a police response. If the police complete a written report, you do not need to complete an accident report, you just need to contact your insurance company.

When to Complete an Accident Report

  • If your accident is NOT investigated by a police officer or sheriff’s deputy, AND
  • If there are injuries or the total damage exceeds $1,000, THEN
  • You need to file a report within 24 hours to the State Department of Motor Vehicles.

Obtaining a Copy of an Accident Report

To request a stand-alone Traffic Collision Report for an accident you were involved in, click here

Need Help Locating Your Traffic Collision Report?

If you were in an accident and need help locating your report, please visit, under Hot Topics select WRECR-Collision Record Request.

If you have difficulties with your request and need to contact the Washington State Patrol, they can be reached via phone, email or on the web where there is an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) box and help box at the top of the home page to assist you in making your request.

Phone: (360) 570-2355


For any and all services provided by the Records Unit, it is recommended that you arrive at our downtown location no later than 3pm to ensure adequate time to fulfill your requests.

During holiday seasons and following major incidents beyond our control, it is best to arrive by 2pm to ensure your requests and needs are met.

For any and all fingerprint services or any CPL application please arrive no later than 3:30pm.

Locations and Times

Records Unit
King County Courthouse
516 Third Ave, Rm W-150
Seattle, WA 98104
Phone: (206) 263-2626
Hours are: 8:30am - 4:00pm, weekdays (effective April 2, 2018).  License applications are accepted only until 3:30pm. 

Closed weekends and holidays