Help us develop new transportation services
Metro and the City of Redmond are working together to bring new transportation services to Education Hill, Bear Creek, Downtown and the Southeast neighborhoods of Redmond.
Subscribe to updates by email or text
Our progress so far and what's ahead
We surveyed people who live or travel in these neighborhoods to help us identify local transportation needs. We heard from almost 700 people, providing insight into where people want to travel via transit, and what the current barriers are to using transit.
The stakeholder working group met to review the results of this survey and, with these findings in mind, prioritized the top five needs that any new transportation services should address. We will use these priorities to guide the development of potential solutions that our Community Connections program can help provide.
The stakeholder group will meet again this summer to review potential mobility solutions, and determine which ones best address the priority needs in Redmond. In the fall, we will then present these potential solution concepts to the community, who will have an opportunity to have a say on their preferred concepts.
Our priority needs are transportation solutions that:
- Respect riders' time in terms of convenience and transfer times.
- Allow flexible pickup and drop-off to allow more direct access to key local Redmond destinations such as community centers, shopping, medical facilities, recreation, and transportation hubs.
- Serve off-peak hours (mid-day, evening, weekends) to allow access to events and other activities.
- Provide a variety of vehicles types (motorized or non-motorized) that accommodate varying travel needs, and do not compromise the accessibility needs of others.
- Are affordable and accommodate shorter return trips on a single fare.
Community Connections outreach is part of Metro’s Mobility Division. Metro is committed to becoming a mobility agency that both provides public transportation and integrates new travel options. By becoming a mobility agency Metro is positioned to fulfill our mission: Provide the best possible public transportation services and improve regional mobility and quality of life in King County. Community Connections outreach contributes to this vision by identifying and implementing new and innovative mobility solutions that complement public transit in King County.