Transit Appreciation Week
March 14 - 18, 2022
Thank Metro team members March 14-18
Metro keeps us all connected
Patience. Dedication. Kindness. Safety. It’s been a long two years, King County, and across divisions and departments over 5,100 Metro team members are still showing up to work with values and actions that keep us all connected and moving forward. Transit Appreciation Week is the perfect time to say, “Thank you!” to Metro employees.
King County celebrates Transit Appreciation Week
King County Executive Dow Constantine and transit riders are celebrating the contributions of hard-working Metro employees. Whether they’re onboard vehicles, down in the tunnels, on bases and docks, sitting at computers, or behind service desk windows — everywhere and in every way customers need help — Metro employees are there. Please take a moment to officially thank a Metro team member March 14-18!
Transit Operator Appreciation Day is March 18
Metro’s week of celebration culminates on Transit Operator Appreciation Day, which is on March 18. Originally started by Seattle transit advocates, Transit Operator Appreciation Day has grown into a national event and is a great time to thank Metro’s dedicated bus operators, Access drivers, rail operators, streetcar operators and Water Taxi crews.
How can you give thanks?
- File a commendation (note the 4-digit coach number, route, and time).
- As you board or leave transit, say, “Thank you!” or “I appreciate you!” or “You’re the best!”
- Post a shout out to Metro employees on social media, tagging @kcmetrobus on Twitter and Instagram, and @KCMetro on Facebook. Use #ThanksMetro
- Download this sign and wave it at your bus stop or take a photo and post on Metro's Twitter page.
- And a note or card saying “thank you” is always appreciated!