King County Metro Transit has game day shuttles Saturday, Sept. 20, to carry thousands of fans from eight park-and-rides to the University of Washington Huskies game. Shuttles also going to the Seahawks game Sunday, Sept. 21.
Riders should prepare for some delays due to construction, limited number of buses
Shuttles require cash fare and leave specific park-and-ride locations two hours before kickoff, and return to those park-and-rides after the game. Travelers in the University District, Montlake, SODO, Pioneer Square and downtown Seattle areas can expect severe traffic congestion and delays before and after Husky and Seahawks games and other stadium events.
After the game, riders should prepare for some delays due to construction and a limited number of buses that are available, requiring some drivers to return to carry an additional load of passengers.
Saturday, Sept. 20: UW Huskies vs. Georgia State
Non-stop shuttles heading to the 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 20, Husky game at Husky Stadium depart designated park-and-ride lots beginning two and a half hours before kickoff. Based on previous game day ridership, riders should prepare for high demand for these shuttles.
During the 2014 season, Metro’s Husky shuttles serve the Eastgate, Federal Way South 320th Street, Houghton, Kingsgate, Shoreline, South Kirkland and South Renton park-and-ride lots and the Northgate Transit Center. Buses leave as they fill – or about every 20 minutes. The last shuttle to the game leaves about 50 minutes before kickoff, except South Renton and Federal Way, where the last shuttles will leave 60 minutes before kickoff.
Husky shuttle fare information
- A $5 round trip voucher is required to board the shuttle, sold by a vendor at each park-and-ride lot.
- Game tickets, ORCA, UPASS and paper transfers are not valid on P&R shuttles.
- Game tickets are not accepted as fare on any service.
- Fares will be collected by non-Metro staff at the park and ride lots.
- Children under 5 ride free, but there are no other free or reduced fares for P&R shuttles.
Buses returning to the park and rides leave from designated locations near Husky stadium depicted in an online map. The last shuttle leaves Husky Stadium 30 minutes after the game. All details are on Metro’s Husky shuttle page.
Sunday, Sept. 21: Seahawks vs. Broncos
Non-stop Seahawks shuttles to the 1:25 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 21 game at CenturyLink Field leave designated park-and-ride lots beginning two hours before kickoff.
Metro’s Seahawks shuttles leave the Eastgate Park-and-Ride, Northgate Transit Center, and South Kirkland Park-and-Ride beginning two hours before kick-off. Each shuttle will leave as it is filled. The last shuttle leaves for the game about 35 minutes before kickoff. All pre-game shuttles arrive near CenturyLink Field on Fifth Avenue South at South Weller Street.
Seahawk shuttle fare information
- Cash-only fare is $4 each way or $8 for a round trip.
- No ORCA cards or passes are accepted for the Seahawk shuttles.
- Exact change is required.
- Buses returning to the park and rides leave from Fifth Avenue South at South Weller Street. Details are on Metro’s Seahawks shuttle page.
Visit Metro Online or Metro’s online Trip Planner for information about regular transit service to Husky and Seahawks games or to plan other trips. The Trip Planner provides information about scheduled service and stops, and does not take service revisions into account. After planning your trip, check Metro’s alerts center to find out about any planned revisions to your routes.
University of Washington Huskies 2014 home schedule
- 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 20 vs. Georgia State
- 1:15 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 27 vs. Stanford
- (Time TBA) Saturday, Oct. 25 vs. Arizona State
- (Time TBA) Saturday, Nov. 8 vs. UCLA
- (Time TBA) Saturday, Nov. 22 vs. Oregon State
Seattle Seahawks 2014 home schedule (kick-off times are subject to change)
- 1:25 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 21 vs. Broncos
- 1:25 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 12 vs. Cowboys
- 1:25 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 2 vs. Raiders
- 1:25 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 9 vs. Giants
- 1:05 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23 vs. Cardinals
- 1:25 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 14 vs. 49ers
- 1:25 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. Rams