King County Metro will operate some buses on reduced schedules Thanksgiving, Thursday, Nov. 23, and Friday, Nov. 24. The King County Water Taxi will not operate during those two days. Bus riders should plan for possible delays and reroutes during holiday weekend events.
Nov. 24, Macy’s Parade/tree lighting: Customers traveling to or from downtown Friday should plan for reroutes and possible delays during the 26th annual Macy’s Holiday Parade from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Buses may also be affected by crowds before and after the Westlake Center Tree Lighting ceremony from 3 to 7 p.m. and other events, including possible demonstrations in downtown Seattle.
Nov. 25, Apple Cup: On Saturday, Huskies fans can ride regular transit service, Link light rail or Metro’s direct shuttles to the Apple Cup from six park-and-rides, including Eastgate, Houghton, Kingsgate, South Kirkland, Federal Way and South Renton. Kickoff is scheduled for 5 p.m. Most regular Metro routes serving the UW Link station will be rerouted to the area of 15th Avenue Northeast and Northeast Campus Parkway before and immediately after the game, with a shuttle bus to connect riders to the station.
Metro offices, including the Customer Information phone line at (206) 553-3000 and Lost and Found and Pass Sales counters, will be closed Nov. 23 and 24, and will reopen Monday, Nov. 27.
Reduced weekday schedules
On days with reduced weekday schedules, some commuter and school-oriented routes do not operate, and other routes have individual trips canceled. Also, Metro makes some adjustments to routes that serve the University of Washington. When the UW is not in session, there will be some bus trip reductions.
Many routes will have no changes. With funding provided by the Seattle Transportation Benefit District, regular bus service is provided on about three dozen routes within the City of Seattle that were previously reduced during holiday periods. If the route is not listed below, it has no changes when reduced weekday service is in effect.
- Routes canceled during a reduced weekday schedule: 201, 237, 304, 308, 316, 330, 355, 930
- Routes with fewer trips during reduced weekday schedule operation (Identified in customer timetables with an "H"): 101, 102, 111, 114, 120, 121, 122, 123, 125, 143, 157, 167, 168, 169, 177, 179, 180, 186, 187, 190, 192, 212, 214, 218, 219, 232, 243, 244, 249, 252, 255, 269, 303, 311, 312, 342, 907, 931
- Routes with designated trips canceled when the UW is not in session (Identified in timetables): 31, 32, 73, 75, 167, 197, 271, 277, 331, 372, 373
Upcoming schedule revisions for Metro Transit
Metro reminds riders that some buses will operate on reduced weekday and holiday schedules on several holiday periods in the coming months through January. The King County Water Taxi also has service revisions on upcoming holidays.
- Thursday, Nov. 23, Thanksgiving holiday, Sunday schedules in effect
- Friday, Nov. 24, day after Thanksgiving: Reduced weekday and UW reduced service
- Monday, Dec. 18, through Friday, Dec. 22: Regular weekday service with UW reductions (UW not in session)
- Monday, Dec. 25, Christmas holiday: Sunday schedules in effect
- Tuesday, Dec. 27, through Friday, Dec. 30: reduced weekday and UW service (UW not in session)
- Monday, Jan. 1, 2018, New Year’s Day: Sunday schedules in effect
- Monday, Jan. 15, 2018, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday: reduced weekday and reduced UW schedule
- Monday, Feb. 19, 2018, President’s Day holiday: reduced weekday schedules and reduced UW schedules
Visit Metro Online for more transit information, or call the Customer Information Office at 206-553-3000.
King County Water Taxi
The Vashon and West Seattle routes of the King County Water Taxi do not operate on Thursday, Nov. 23 (Thanksgiving) or Nov. 24, Dec. 25 (Christmas Day) or Jan. 1 (New Year’s Day). For information about King County Water Taxi service – and DART Shuttle routes 773 and 775 – during the holidays, visit www.kingcounty.gov/watertaxi.