Education and Employment Specialists work with young people all throughout King County in
- Receiving an individualized assessment.
- Guidance on goal setting.
- Support with removal of barriers such as transportation, lack of identification or a social security card.
- Helping pursuing education successfully.
- Job readiness training and employment exploration.
Education Employment Training (EET) accepts referrals and works with young people year-round. If you are interested in enrolling in or referring to EET, please contact the youth’s assigned Juvenile Probation Counselor.
Your business can be the perfect place for a young person to job shadow or explore a career. Youth spend a day visiting and observing to learn more about their careers of interest. We are also looking for businesses leading a community service or public work project so youth can help improve their community. Our Education and Employment Training (EET) program may also pay the internship wages of youth working for local eligible businesses.