Skip to main content

Public records requests

Get info on how to obtain public records from the Assessor.

About public records

The Washington Public Records Act (RCW 42.56) requires agencies to make records available for inspection and copying. We can assist you in obtaining them. They contain important information about the conduct and administration of government.

How to request records

  • Online
  • By email
  • By postal mail (Write to: Al Dams, Public Records Officer, 201 S. Jackson St., Room 708, Seattle, Washington 98104)

You can also make an appointment to see the requested records at no charge. If you'd like copies, we charge 15 cents per page plus postage costs to mail them to you.