Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 1 pm: Hybrid Meeting*
*Hybrid meetings: Attend King County Board of Health meetings in person in Council Chambers (Room 1001), 516 3rd Avenue in Seattle, or through remote access. Details on how to attend and/or provide comment remotely are listed below.
To help prevent the spread of the COVID-19, all Boardmembers and staff will be participating in the Board of Health meeting remotely unless otherwise listed as a Hybrid Meeting. The live feed of the meeting will be streaming on the King County Council's website and on KCTV Channel 22.
How to provide public comment:
- Join in person: You may attend the meeting in person in Council Chambers.
- Join online: www.kingcounty.gov/boh/zoom
- Join by phone:
- Dial (US): 1-253-215-8782
- Meeting ID: 836 2614 2088
If you do not wish to provide public comment, please help us manage the callers by using one of the options below to watch or listen to the meeting.
Two ways to watch or listen in to the meeting:
- Call to order
- Roll call
- Announcement of any alternates serving in place of regular members
- Approval of minutes of the meeting of January 18, 2024
- Public Comments
- Chair's Report
- Administrator's Report
- Joy Carpine-Cazzanti, Board Administrator, Public Health — Seattle & King County
Briefing and discussion
- BOH Briefing No. 24 B02
- Sam Porter, Principal Legislative Analyst, King County Council
Discussion and possible action
- R&R No. BOH 24-01
A Rule and Regulation relating to food establishment annual permit fees; amending R&R No. 91, Section 1 (part), as amended, and BOH 2.10.020; enacted pursuant to RCW 70.05.060, including the latest amendments or revisions thereto.
Public Hearing required
- Eyob Mazengia, Environmental Health Assistant Division Director, Public Health — Seattle & King County
- Douglas Dyer, Environmental Health Investigator, Public Health — Seattle & King County
- Roman Welyczko, Project/Program Manager IV, Public Health — Seattle & King County
Briefing and discussion
- BOH Briefing No. 24-B03
2024 Board of Health Draft Workplan
- BOH Briefing No. 24-B04
Initial Homelessness and Health Workgroup Status Report and Board of Health Workgroup Member Summary
- Teresa Mosqueda, Chair
- Jessica Knaster Wasse, Resource and Partnerships Development Manager, Healthcare for the Homeless Network, Public Health — Seattle & King County
- Board member updates
- Other business
Meetings are open to the public
All regular and special meetings of the Board and Board committee meetings shall be open to the public, in accordance with RCW 42.30. The Board may order the removal of individuals who are interrupting the meetings and may adjourn and reconvene in another location as provided in RCW 42.30.050.
The King County Board of Health meets at 1 pm on the third Thursday of each month unless otherwise noted. Meetings are held in the King County Council Chambers unless otherwise noted on monthly meeting agendas.
Meeting agenda preparation
The Board's final agenda is prepared 2 weeks prior to each meeting.
Receive an advance copy of the agenda:
subscribe to the Board of Health email update service
Agendas for each regular meeting are provided to the media before each meeting via press release.
Public Hearings on proposed regulations are generally held during the monthly Board of Health meetings and are noted as such on the meeting agenda. If you wish to submit written testimony please note the following:
Written testimony is accepted if received by 5 pm on the Monday prior to the day of the public hearing, or later, if the public comment period is extended by the Board at the following street address or via email at:
King County Board of Health
ATTN: Board of Health Administrator
401 5th Ave, Suite 1300
Seattle, WA 98104