Skip to main content

Submit a question, comment, or complaint about possible unsafe food handling

This form is for reporting unsafe food handling practices observed at food establishments in Washington state's King County. You can also use this form to submit questions to King County’s Food Protection Program.

If the establishment is in a different county, please contact the health department serving that county.

Public Health responds to all questions and complaints in a timely manner. Complaint responses usually involve a visit to the site in question, assessment of the problem, working with the site owner or manager to correct the problem, and education of other staff to avoid the problem in the future.

Your contact information:

Phone (optional)

I would like to remain confidential (Your name and contact information will remain confidential to the extent permitted by law.)

We will not share your identity with the facility. Providing your contact information helps us follow up with you in case we need more information, or to let you know what actions were taken as a result of our investigation.

About the food establishment in question:

Sometimes there are chains of food establishments with the same name (i.e. McDonalds) or similar names to other restaurants so to ensure our inspection team is sent to the one you are writing about, we need to know its location.

Describe in detail the unsafe food handling practice you observed and/or ask questions to the Food Protection Program: