Construction scheduled to begin in spring or summer 2025
Existing view of 16th Avenue SW approaching SW 107th Street, looking south.
Construction for this project is now set to start in spring or summer 2025. The initial plan was for it to start in summer 2024, however the County requires extra time to secure the funding needed for the project. Thank you for your patience.
This project will make it safer for people to travel along 16th Avenue SW between SW 100th Street and SW 107th Street in White Center. King County will add safer street crossings, clearer signs and road improvements to help reduce speeding.
The roadway will undergo restriping to have one vehicle travel lane and a dedicated bike lane in each direction. There will also be a center turn lane down the middle of the road.
Construction is scheduled to begin in spring or summer 2025.
Frequently asked questions
- Countdown pedestrian signal heads will let pedestrians know how much time remains to cross the intersection
- Audible messaging will inform pedestrians which crossing has a “walk”
- Vibration and tactile surfaces at crosswalks and intersections will also inform pedestrians which crossing has a “walk”
- High visibility pedestrian safety signs make it easier for drivers to know when to expect pedestrians
- Accessible ramps help people with disabilities, people pushing strollers, and others, access the crosswalk