Project completed in September 2023
Crews replaced the small culvert that runs under 284th Avenue SE just north of SE 472nd Street. This rusted out pipe in the center of the photo was replaced by a larger culvert to help prevent flooding and support fish passage.
September 25, 2023
Sept. 18, 2023 – The new box culvert on 284th Ave SE is complete. The crews paved the roadway above the culvert next.
Crews have officially opened 284th Ave SE just north of SE 472nd St to all traffic. They completed the box culvert installation and paved the above roadway in September.
Thank you to the many community members and travelers for your patience this summer.
Frequently asked questions
We are coordinating with USPS, package delivery, and emergency responders to minimize disruption.
- Time-stamped updates to this website and our MyCommute website
- Project notification signs at the construction zone
- Signs alerting drivers to upcoming intersections and closures and signed detour route
- Road Alert email notifications about this project and others throughout unincorporated King County. Sign up for Road Alert emails here.
- Posts on Twitter, NextDoor, Facebook, and Instagram