Skip to main content



If you would like to reschedule a court hearing because you are unable to appear, generally you must file a written request for a continuance with the court to be reviewed by a judge. You may file your written request in person at any King County District Court location, by mail, or by fax to the courthouse that appears on your hearing notice. Courthouse location and phone/fax number information are found here.

If you are a defendant on a criminal case and you are represented by an attorney, please consult your attorney for continuance requests.

In some specific circumstances, such as mitigation hearings for traffic or other civil infractions, you are allowed one request to continue without judicial review. You may appear at any King County District Court location or call the court at 206.205.9200 to inquire about rescheduling your case.