Mission and commitments
The Wastewater Treatment Division mission statement summarizes the reason for our existence and the purpose, or intention, behind our collective efforts. Our commitments define how we do our best work together and guide our daily behavior within and outside the organization. The commitments are nested within the broader King County True North values that shape our ethics as county employees.
We protect public health and the environment by collecting and cleaning wastewater while recovering valuable resources for a healthy and resilient Puget Sound.
- Trust and integrity: We build trust and integrity by consistently delivering on our commitments.
- Quality of service: We deliver exceptional and equitable service to all our communities.
- Cultivate learning: We encourage learning and growth within a positive work environment.
- Empowered teams: We respect a diversity of ideas. We collaborate to resolve problems and create solutions.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion: We center diversity, equity, and inclusion at the core of our success, and value the contribution of every person.
- Communication: We listen to understand, and we share timely, accurate, and clear information.
- Financial accountability: We are responsible stewards of ratepayer dollars.
- Innovation: We foster a creative environment where employees are empowered.
- Environmental stewardship: We are committed to sustainable best practices in all we do.