Archive: 2019/2020: Shoreline Master Program Update Adopted
The King County Council adopted ordinance 19034, the Shoreline Master Program update, in December 2019. This included changes to the Shorelines Chapter of the Comprehensive Plan. This was approved by the Washington State Department of Ecology at the end of January 2020, and became effective February 2020. Highlights of the ordinance are summarized on the History and Archive page.
Due to the large file sizes, some browsers may require you to download the PDF files provided in the links below in order to view them properly. You may do so by right-clicking on a link below and selecting "save target as" to save the files to your computer for viewing.
- COMPLETE Searchable Document 2019
- Land Use Zoning Amendments 2016
- Technical Appendix A - Capital Facilities 2016
- Technical Appendix B - Housing 2016
- Technical Appendix C - Transportation 2016
- Technical Appendix D - Targets Urban Growth Area 2016
- Technical Appendix R - Public Outreach 2016
- Addendum To Vashon Town Plan 2016
- Attachment A - Real Property Asset Management Plan (RAMP) 2016
- Ordinance 18427 RAMP 2016
- Ordinance 18428 RAMP 2016
For past comprehensive plan documents, see the History and Archive.
- Major Update Process Overview
- King County demographics and Buildable Lands Report
- Zoning (Title 21A)