Get help for domestic violence
How do I...
- Find out what to do
- Get an order for protection
- Help with protection orders
- File for a protection order (District Court)
Click or tap the "Quick Exit" button to leave this page immediately, or press the "escape" key if you use a keyboard.
If you're concerned your internet usage might be monitored you can call, chat, or text The National Domestic Violence Hotline, 24 hours everyday, 800-799-7233 or 800-787-3224 (TTY).
Read more about staying safe online
Internet usage can be monitored and is impossible to erase completely.
Clear your browser history (external link) after visiting this website.
Computers store information about the websites you visit. That means bills you pay and purchases you make are tracked, and messages or emails can be retrieved. You should always consider that a computer might be monitored when you use it and be careful with what you send others or post.
Safe computers can be found at your local library, Internet cafe, shelter, workplace, or computer technology center; avoid using shared computers when researching things like travel plans, housing options, legal issues, and safety plans. Using safe browsing practices (like using a VPN) can help prevent abusive partners from tracking your Internet history.
In this section
- King County Domestic Violence Program
- Domestic Violence Court - District Court
- Domestic violence assessments - Superior Court
- Victim Notification Program (VINE)
- Women's Advisory Board
- Serving protection orders - King County Sheriff
- Domestic violence prevention - Public Health
Help for employees
- Abused Deaf Women’s Advocacy Services , 206-812-1001
- API Chaya , 206-467-9976
- Atlantic Street Center , 206-329-2050
- Coalition Ending Gender-based Violence
- Consejo Counseling and Referral Service , 206-461-4880
- Domestic Abuse Women’s Network (DAWN) , 425-656-7867
- Dove Project , 206-462-0911
- DVHopeline (King County Domestic Violence Hotline), 206-737-0242 or 877-737-0242
- InterIm Community Development Association , 206-624-1802
- Iraqi Community Center of Washington , 253-243-7744
- LifeWire , 425-746-1940
- Jewish Family Services – Project DVORA , 206-861-3159
- Mother Africa , 253-277-7625
- Mother Nation , 206-722-2321
- Multi-Communities , 206-937-7155
- New Beginnings , 206-522-9472
- The Northwest Network of LGBT Survivors of Abuse , 206-568-7777
- Peace in the Home Helpline (support in 17 languages, King County), 888-847-7205
- Refuge Women’s Alliance , 206-721-3846
- Salvation Army , 206-324-4943
- Seattle Indian Health Board , 206-324-9360
- Solid Ground , 206-299-2500
- Somali Family Safety Task Force , 206-659-4755
- YWCA , 206-568-7845
- Other resources courtesy of Councilmember Pete von Reichbauer