Skip to main content
King County logo

Request a Public Record

We are now using GovQA, a new public records system. After you create an account, you can make and track all your requests for King County public records in one place.

[Go to GovQA Public Records System]

Our five-day commitment

Within five business days of receiving your request, we will:

  • Provide the record(s), or
  • Acknowledge your request and give you a reasonable estimate of how long it will take to give you the records, or
  • Deny all or part of the request, or redact part of the information, telling you the specific reason why we can’t disclose it.

Alternative ways to request records


You can also request Ombuds Office public records by completing the Public Records Request Form and emailing it to


Call us at 206-477-1050.

In-person viewing

You can view records at no charge, by appointment, during our business hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. You may not remove, separate into pieces, or change any documents.

Best practices for requests

Be sure to give a detailed description of the records you want, as well as your contact information.

For example, if you filed a complaint with this office, your request might look like this:

                Please give me the complete case file in Ombuds Case # [number], or

Please give me all correspondence between the Ombuds Office and the Department of Development and Environmental Services regarding Permit # [number], which concerns an application to clear and grade a portion of my property, located at [address].

If you have a request for another department, request it directly from them.       

Public Records Officer
Trang Tran
710 Second Avenue, Suite 790
Seattle, WA 98104
(206) 477-1050

Alternate formats for persons with disabilities available upon request.