King County Beaver Working Group
Who we are
Several sections from multiple Departments in King County have been working together since 2017 on a Beaver Working Group. Our overarching goal is to find the best solutions for coexisting with beavers.
As the King County Beaver Working Group releases technical papers and other tools to facilitate living near beavers, we will post them here.
Our work products
- Beaver Management Technical Paper #1: Beaver Management Tools Literature Review and Guidance
- Beaver Management Technical Paper #2: Current Laws, Policies, and Practices
- *Newly updated* Short summary of Laws and Policies
- Graphic illustration of the Post-contact History of Beaver Management in Washington State.
- Graphic illustration of the yearly cycle of a beaver in Western Washington.
- Poster showing how beaver ponds integrate with the hydrologic cycle by recharging groundwater and keeping streams flowing year-round.
Sign up for the Beaver Bulletin