King County Beaver Work Products
Papers and other work products
King County produces technical papers, graphics, and other tools intended to help people learn about beavers. Topics include beaver life history, their effects on ecosystems, related laws and policies, and solutions to some of the challenges beavers may present to landowners.
- New (Nov. 2022) ! Planning for Beavers Manual: Anticipating Beavers when Designing Restoration Projects
- Beaver Management Technical Paper #1: Beaver Management Tools Literature Review and Guidance
- Summary matrix of Beaver Management Tools. This table is a 2-page summary of Technical Paper #1, above.
- Decision flow chart. Have a beaver issue and don't know what to do about it? Work your way through this chart for guidance.
- Beaver Management Technical Paper #2: Current Laws, Policies, and Practices
- Graphic illustration of the Post-contact History of Beaver Management in Washington State.
- Graphic illustration of the yearly cycle of a beaver in Western Washington.
- Poster showing how beaver ponds recharge groundwater and integrate with the hydrologic cycle.
- Good Neighbor Workshops Report with Recommendations. Also see our webpage about the Good Neighbor Workshops.
Sign up for the Beaver Bulletin