The King County Noxious Weed Control Program can provide presentations and other programs upon request for teachers and students of all levels customized to their curriculum needs. Contact the program for more information or to set up a presentation or field trip.
3rd-5th grade, middle school and high school curriculum programs for King County schools
The Noxious Weed Control Program collaborated with Nature Vision to develop classroom programs tailored for 3th to 5th grade, middle school and high school levels on invasive and native plants called Right Plant Right Place. This program can be presented in the classroom by Nature Vision naturalists to schools in King County, Washington.
Schools in King County may be eligible to receive this program for free through the sponsorship of the King County Noxious Weed Control Board. For information on the program and to schedule a free classroom presentation, visit the Nature Vision website.
To review the Right Plant Right Place! program materials, follow the links below or contact the noxious weed program for more information.
- Right Place Right Place! 3rd to 5th Grade Curriculum Program by Nature Vision
- Naturalist Training Manual and Program Scripts (pdf format, 322 Kb)
- Right Plant Right Place Slide Show (MS PowerPoint format, 6.2 Mb)
- Plant Cards for Invasive Plant-Native Plant Activities (pdf format, 2.62 Mb)
There are also resources available through the internet that teachers can use to introduce their students to noxious weeds and invasive plants.
- Silent Invaders (National Version): Native,Non-native and Invasive Plants (short introductory video and teacher lesson plans)
- Alien Invasion: Plants on the Move-Weed Curriculum for Grades K-12
- Washington State Noxious Weed Coloring Book
- Center for Invasive Species Management Educator Resources
- Montana's Weed Education Curriculum
- Aquatic Plant Management Society - Understanding Invasive Aquatic Weeds
- Environmental education resources and programs
- Agriculture in King County
- Yard and garden topics
- Animals, plants and habitats