Skip to main content
King County logo

Do you need help identifying a weed?  Are you concerned about that mystery plant growing in your pasture? Or wonder if that new flower taking over your backyard or pond is a noxious weed?

We offer several ways to help you identify plants:

  • Browse our weed photo index to see if your weed is there (Note: our website mainly covers weeds on the Washington State Noxious Weed List and may not include all common weeds or weeds located outside of Washington State).
  • Send quality digital pictures by email (Please note: if you are located outside of Washington State, we may not be able to identify your plant, and you may want to contact a local expert).
  • If you are located in King County, Washington, you can also mail us a plant (in a sealed plastic bag with a DRY paper towel, including information to contact you) or drop it off at our office during the work week.

      King County Noxious Weed Program
      201 S. Jackson St., Suite 600
      Seattle WA 98104

  • Call us at 206-477-WEED to set up a site visit
  • Report a weed site via the Web, use our infestation report form

Related information

Related agencies

Program offices are located at 201 S. Jackson St., Suite 600, Seattle, WA 98104. To contact staff, see the Noxious Weed Control Program Directory, send an email, or call 206-477-WEED (206-477-9333).