Skip to main content
King County logo
Chinook in Issaquah Creek

What can you do to help salmon?

What if you see poaching or code violations?

  • In King County, report code violation for clearing or grading too close to the stream. These King County Dept. of Development and Environmental Services pages have information on what is a violation and how to report them.
  • See someone fishing for salmon in a creek during the fall spawning season? This page from Washington Dept. of Fish and Wildlife has information on who to contact. In short, if you are seeing it happen, call 911. If it already happened, go to their web site to find out about how to report it.

This program is conducted in cooperation with the King County Water and Land Resources Division, Bellevue Stream Team, Redmond Stream Team, and the cities of Seattle, Bothell, Issaquah, Kirkland, Renton, Woodinville, and the Vashon-Maury Island Land Trust, with financial support from the King County Flood Control District Cooperative Watershed Management Grant.