Build your skills and knowledge with free access 24/7
Get access to more than 1,000 online learning courses related to personal and professional development, computer and technical skills, and dozens of other topics designed to help you reach your personal and professional goals.
Additional tips to use KC eLearning
For employees with King County email
Use this link to login through single sign on or open the new NEOGOV icon on your computer’s desktop.
If you are on a computer connected to the King County network, you will automatically be logged into KC eLearning.
If you are on a computer not connected to the King County network, a logon screen will appear. Use your King County email address and your standard Windows logon password.
For employees without King County email
Employees without a King County email address can submit a HelpDesk ticket to set up a free account
- Use the following path to expedite your request: “I want something new” > “Human Resources (DHR) – Shared Services”
1. What is NEOGOV Learn?
King County eLearning is now powered by NEOGOV Learn, a powerful online tool that puts professional and personal development in the hands of employees. It is integrated with other NEOGOV tools the County uses to support onboarding, offboarding, and performance management. It helps ensure learning has a prominent place in every stage of an employee’s career.
2. What is NEOGOV?
NEOGOV is the market and technology leader in cloud-based, human resources software for the public sector.
3. Why does King County offer online training to employees?
King County recognizes that its employees are its most valuable asset and should provide them with the tools they need to support their growth and development.
4. How do I access King County eLearning?
There are several ways you can access King County eLearning:
- Click on the NEOGOV desktop icon that is on all County computers (If you don’t have the icon, contact KCIT through the HelpDesk.)
- Use the following single sign-on link: https://login.neogov.com/authentication/saml/login/kingcounty
- Use the access button on the King County eLearning website.
5. What if I don’t have my own County computer or tablet?
You may also use the methods outlined above at a shared workspace. If that is not available to you, please contact the KCIT HelpDesk at 206-263-4357 (3-HELP).
6. Can I access King County eLearning from a smartphone or tablet?
Yes, however, data charges may apply.
7. How do I navigate the tool once I’m logged in?
Click on Training in the left navigation bar to show your "Overview", "My Courses", "Course Catalog", and "Training Activity Report". The Department of Human Resources has created an Introduction to Learn video and How to navigate King County eLearning video to help you use the new King County eLearning.
8. How do I see the courses that are available?
After logging into NEOGOV, you can browse the Course Catalog from your personalized dashboard. You will see all the courses that are available to you as well as the courses you have already taken. Use the search bar and categories to further refine the course lists to your interests.
9. Are there recommended courses I should take?
Learn offers more than a thousand courses and what you take depends on your interests or what your supervisor recommends for you. For courses of topical interest, scroll through the banner at the top of the Course Catalog page. Featured courses in the carousel are refreshed to stay current and relevant.
10. Can I take training during work hours?
If a course or video is directly related to your current job and you would like to take it on paid time, you must first obtain your supervisor’s permission. If your supervisor approves your request, you will be paid for the time you spend taking the course. Your supervisor will decide whether you can take the training during your regular work schedule or outside your normal work hours.
11. Can I take training that is not directly related to my job?
If a course or video is not directly related to your current job, you may take it without your supervisor’s permission. You will not be compensated for the time you spend taking the training, and you must take it outside your regular work hours or at a time you and your supervisor agree upon.
12. How do I know if a course is directly related to my work?
If you are not sure if the course or video is directly related to your current position, ask you supervisor before you take the training.
13. Are we required to take King County eLearning courses?
Unless your supervisor specifically directs you to take a training, you are not required to take eLearning courses. Taking courses is voluntary, and you decide what courses you would like to take to support your career growth and personal development.
14. Will I get credit for the courses I complete?
Yes, you will receive credit on your employee training record for any courses you complete in the Learn tool.
15. How do I know which courses I’ve already taken?
From your personal dashboard, you can view your training history and print a course transcript.
If you are looking for a particular course, please let us know at KCTraining@KingCounty.gov.
- Some custom King County content previously available in King County eLearning (Skillsoft) is now outdated and no longer supported, and it will not be transferred to Learn. The most used course in Skillsoft is the anti-bias training, and it can be found here: https://your.kingcounty.gov/employees/HRD/CounteringBiasInHiringKC/
- For more information about tailoring and providing resources or creating a learning program for your employees, please send us an email to KCTraining@KingCounty.gov.
Employee access of resources on KC eLearning is tracked and updated every weeknight into PeopleSoft training records.