LCR 4.2 Confirmation of Joinder of Parties and Issues in Civil and Family Law Cases; Completion of Testing in Paternity Cases
Local Civil Rule 4.2
(a) Civil Non-Family Law Cases; Confirmation of Joinder of Parties, Claims and Defenses; Form. This rule applies to all civil cases with a Case Schedule that are not governed by LFLR 1.
(1) Confirmation of Joinder; Form. No later than the designated deadline for joining additional parties and raising additional claims and defenses, as stated in LCR 4(e)(2), the plaintiff(s)/petitioner(s) shall, file and serve a report entitled "Confirmation of Joinder of Parties, Claims, and Defenses," which will be in substantially the following form:
CONFIRMATION OF JOINDER OF PARTIES, CLAIMS, AND DEFENSES
I. [ ] Plaintiff(s)/petitioner(s) makes the following representations:
1. This case is not subject to mandatory arbitration.
[If it is, this report should not be filed; instead, no later than the deadline for filing this report, a statement of arbitrability should be filed, pursuant to LMAR 2.1(a).]
2. All parties have been served or have waived service.
3. All mandatory pleadings have been filed.
II. [ ] Plaintiff(s)/petitioner(s) do not make the foregoing representations because (if appropriate, check both the box at left and every applicable box below). The Court may set a hearing.
[ ] This case is subject to mandatory arbitration, but not yet ready for the Statement of Arbitrability to be filed.
[ ] A party remains to be served.
[ ] A mandatory pleading remains to be filed.
[ ] Other explanation:
DATED: _______________ SIGNED: _____________________________
Plaintiff/Petitioner/Attorney (If attorney, WSBA #:______)
Typed Name: __________________________________
Attorney(s) For: ________________________________
(2) Cases Subject to Mandatory Arbitration. If a statement of arbitrability pursuant to LMAR 2.1(a) is filed on or before the deadline for filing the Confirmation of Joinder of Parties, Claims, and Defenses, the Confirmation of Joinder need not be filed and no show cause hearing will be held. See LFLR 4(c).
(b) Family Law Dissolution and Modification Cases; Confirmation of Issues; Referral to Mediation; Form. See LFLR 4(c).
(c) Paternity Cases; Confirmation of Completion of Genetic Testing; Form. See LFLR 4(d).
[Adopted effective September 1, 1996; amended effective April 14, 1997; September 1, 1997; September 1, 1999; September 1, 2001; September 1, 2002; September 1, 2003; September 1, 2004; September 1, 2008; September 1, 2015.]