The Criminal Department handles all adult criminal cases within King County Superior Court. A criminal case begins when someone is arrested and charged with a crime.
The court has adopted LCrR 3.2(b), effective December 8, 2020, regarding least restrictive conditions of release when the court determines an individual presents a likelihood of failing to appear. The court may consider the use of unsecured bond and the deposit of cash in lieu of the execution of bond.
- Criminal Department - Seattle Office: (206) 477-1481
- Criminal Department - Kent Office (MRJC): (206) 477-2730
- Department of Public Defense
- Jail Inmate Lookup Services (JILS)
- King County Drug Diversion Court (Drug Court)
- Regional Veterans Court (King County District Court)
- Mental Health Court (King County District Court)
- Pattern Jury Instructions (external website hosted by Westlaw)
- Sentencing Guidelines Manual (external website)
- Court Ordered Legal Financial Payment Instructions (en Español)
- Sealing Court Records (external website)
- Learn about the consequences of a criminal conviction in Beyond the Conviction, a publication of the Washington Defender Association