Grades K-5 in-person Curiosity Quest assembly - 2022-2023
The in-person Curiosity Quest assembly is a free theatrical show for grades K-5. Presented by two professional actors in a lively and interactive format, the show educates about waste reduction, recycling, composting and climate connections. It reminds students how to keep waste out of the landfill and make choices that protect the land, oceans and atmosphere.
- The assembly is available in two versions – primary and intermediate – with each running approximately 40 minutes.
- Schools with more than 350 students receive two assemblies (we ask for a minimum of 75 students for one show).
- The assembly set requires space—ideally a multi-purpose room, gym or cafeteria.
- The assembly discussion guide is available in EnglishDownload PDF 700 K and SpanishDownload PDF 900 K. Use it to introduce concepts to your students before the assembly or review them after the assembly.
Note: If live in-person assemblies are not possible, due to safety precautions or restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, a virtual assembly will be offered via Zoom or Teams.
To schedule a program, contact Triangle Associates at Workshops@triangleassociates.com schedule an assembly program or call (206) 583-0655 ext.111.
Assembly resources for teachers
- Teacher Discussion Guides: Available in EnglishDownload PDF 650 K and Spanish (coming soon), to introduce concepts to your students before the assembly or review them after the assembly.
- Virtual Classroom Workshops: Schools can select two to four classroom workshops, which expand on the assembly messages .
- 4Rs Home Survey: As part of the workshops or on their own, students can conduct a survey of their households to determine how efficiently they are reducing waste and separating recyclables and compostable materials. The survey is available in EnglishDownload PDF 750 K and Spanish Download PDF 200 K.
These programs and services are available to schools (outside of the City of Seattle) in King County and are provided at no charge to the recipient.
What schools are saying about the Curiosity Quest assembly program
“Kids and adults in the 3rd-5th grade group not only learned new things but were able to walk away with tangible ways we can support the environment, Thank you for an entertaining and informative assembly!” -K-5 Grade Teacher
“This was such a great assembly! The students were all engaged and learned great and useful information that they can apply to their own lives!”- 1st Grade teacher
“Fantastic program. Thank you for allowing our school to become SO educated. I also want to acknowledge the equity piece mentioned at the end and say thank you for making this more about people…” – 4th Grade teacher
“Amazing presentation, great energy and easy to follow” -Kindergarten teacher
“The assembly was informative and energetic. My class loved the silly characters and were able to understand the importance and relevance of the topic” -2nd Grade teacher
“It was a great production that the kids related to and it will stick with them, Your program is always exciting and engaging for the kids” -4th Grade teacher.